How to Increase Conversion Rate?
Conversion rate refers to the amount of visitors to your website turned into customers of your business. Obviously, a higher conversion is better and below we have various tips and ideas that can improve your current conversion rate:
- Understand who your customers are and offer them what they want and not what you have
- Make it easy to find and access the information they are looking for
- Be honest and deliver what you promise, do not make unexpected suprises for customers (like extra delivery costs they did not expect)
- Develop an attractive design and a user-friendly interface
- Do not ask customers for more than you need. You need their name and e-mail? Ask just that
- Privacy is still one of the largest issues of buying online. Create credibility and make your customers feel comfortable about doing business with you
- Explain the buyer how products can be returned
- Be available for all their questions about delivery, payment, sizes, colors, etc.
- Offer several delivery and payment options, which could be interested to different target groups
- Call-to-action - this refers to motivating customers to purchase a product or for example to read an article. Use phrases such as "buy now" or "download now"
- Offer more value - up-sell similar products (after something is in the visitor's basket, offer similar products)
- Create high brand value and offer a unique shopping experience
- Stress your unique selling proposition
- Track the performance of your website: bounce rate, repeat visitors' rate, number of registered users, etc.
- Track the effects of all your changes to the site: implement changed in turn and consistently to be able to evaluate the result.
Certainly, regular marketing tricks and rules still hold:
- When offering the cheapest/most expensive price, be consistent
- Be careful with offering coupons, it may give customers the impression that they are not getting a good deal.
What is important is that the customer experience is positive, menaing that you make the navigation easy, the content relevant and the procedure clear. To improve experience of your visiors, read more about ways to improve website usability.